Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th from Arizona Livin'!

3DFlags.com
3DFlags.com

Holidays lately seem like any other normal day, and maybe for some people they are. I understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas or Easter, and that's fine. That's why we live in this country.

Speaking of which, there is no reason for anyone not recognizing a day like today, Independence Day. This, my fellow Americans, is a federal holiday, a national holiday. You live here, you celebrate it. Because of this day back in 1776, you are able to live here and make decisions about how you want to live or what you want to believe in. Coming here from another country doesn't make a difference. Unless you are Native American, all of our ancestors did so at one time. You live here now, and that's what matters. There are no excuses.

On a lighter note, while driving home with my aunt earlier today, I saw the only people who could be working today doing so on a corner in our community. Nothing screams good ol' Americana like a lemonade stand. For the first time in my life - that's 25 years worth - I saw a real tried and true stand on the corner. It was without a doubt the most awesome sight I have seen in a while. Of course, these kids modernized it into a Lemonade Walmart, LOL. Not only could you get lemonade - original and pink! - but they were also selling brownies, donuts, and those little magnets made out of beads. It was priceless. Really should've asked for a picture, but the internet's a crazy place. =) It just made me smile to see that not everything nice and priceless has become extinct these days, especially on a great day like this. Not to mention, it proved that here in Arizona, you really can buy just about anything on the roadside, LOL!

As for me, I plan on watching my favorite American icons (Justice League, yay!), seeing if the movie version of 1776 is on as usual, and hopefully finding a fireworks display tonight. Heard about a few, so here's hoping!

Happy 4th everybody! Faith out. =)

Note: Flags at the top of this post are courtesy of 3DFlags.com, for all your animated flag needs. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment